Want to know how to make a hot chocolate even better?!? Hard, I know... but it can be done. Check out these wonderfully festive candy cane marshmallow stirrers I whipped up for the Beales... amazing or what! They were so easy to make and were just perfect for the hot chocolate bar I set up... you know, bringing a little American tradition across the pond. I especially loved adding the edible glitter because it made the crushed candy cane glisten like X-mas baubles! Hang one of these goodies off of your favorite mug and enjoy a minty sweet treat. I am delighted to report that they went down swimmingly! Oh and want to know how to make your hot chocolate even better?!? You must think it's impossible... but alas, I have found a way again! Just add your favorite liquor (I chose an Irish cream) and some miniature marshmallows on top... followed by a sprinkling of more crushed candy cane. You are welcome!
She Knows Recipe (which I adjusted), makes 12 stirrers
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 candy canes
- dark chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- edible glitter
- Crush about 1/2 cup of candy canes in a bowl and add in as much edible glitter as you'd like. Set aside.
- Push a candy cane into the center of each marshmallow. Don't worry about going through, the chocolate will cover it!
- In a sauce pan, melt the dark chocolate bar. I only used about half of the bar... and ate the other half...
- Once the dark chocolate is melted, dip your marshmallow in. Be careful not to leave the marshmallow in too long or they will melt.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane + edible glitter mixture onto the dipped candy cane before the chocolate dries. It happens pretty fast so you gotta be quick!
- Set on a plate and let them dry for at least an hour... enjoy in a hot chocolate for a minty experience!
***Today I am thankful for candy canes... they really do make the season I think***