Since moving to London, Indian food has become a pretty staple part of my diet. It's practically the national dish here (I kid you not), and hubs makes a mean curry! In my ever obsessive pumpkin recipe search I was more than thrilled when I found this little gem... pumpkin + soup + curry equals heaven in my book and I just knew I had include it for you guys (I mean me). It was surprisingly easy to make and although I was a little worried because I had to substitute some ingredients, and then decided to be brave and add some of my own, it came out delicious! An added bonus, it made the whole flat smell warm and spicy... and if that makes any sense to you than we should be friends! Hubs and I always pair our curry with some good Indian beer so I thought it only appropriate to do the same with my soup... it was awesome!
A Beautiful Mess Recipe (which I adjusted), serves 2
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. of thai sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1tsp. cayenne powder
- a pinch of cumin
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds (I used store bought ones)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- Saute the chopped onions and garlic in a pot over medium until golden. Warning: may cause sensitive eyes to cry!
- Add in your curry powder, cumin, cayenne powder, and thai sweet chilli sauce. Mix around.
- Pour in your coconut milk and pumpkin puree, making sure to blend everything nicely together, getting rid of any lumps that may form.
- Bring to a soft boil and let simmer to bring out the flavors. I left mine about 15 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, saute your pumpkin seeds in olive oil and curry powder until golden brown.
- Serve soup adding salt and pepper to taste. Top off with some crunchy pumpkin seeds and wash down with some good Indian beer (a favorite of mine is Cobra Beer)... enjoy!
***Today I am thankful for this dish... it was just so easy to make and so darn yummy too!***