Hubs and I got back from the south of France yesterday and this is how we celebrated the closing of the London 2012 Olympics... with some Olympic Pancakes!!! I used this Basic Pancakes recipe when it came to the pancake making part. The recipe wasn't very clear as to how many pancakes the batter would make but I was able to get 15 smallish ones (about 5").
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- vegetable oil (for greasing the pan)
- blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas, and green grapes as needed
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix together well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Whisk away!
- Gradually add to flour mixture, making sure to smooth away batter as much as possible.
- Mix in the melted butter and blend everything nicely together.
- Heat up a pan with some vegetable oil and you are ready to start making pancakes!
- Pour batter into the center and flip once the edges start bubbling and the center goes brown. The pancakes will start cooking faster as the pan gets hotter so watch out for that!
- Top each one with a fruit topping of your choice from my Olympic assortment and enjoy! A healthier alternative to the traditional pancake, but still just as yummy.
***Today I am thankful for another to exercise some pride... yay Olympics!!!***