So baby I am back and feeling better than ever!!! Just a few things that happened since the last time I blogged... And yes I know it is no longer Thursday but I had started this post yesterday... and then I just happened to have fallen asleep mid way through... so yea...
1. our flight back was a connecting one and lo and behold, American Airlines (who suck and are now on the boycott list!) forgot to book our second flight out of Philly and so the original mission was aborted... hence no amazing Philly cheese stakes.
2. After hours of complaining and speaking more people than I could have cared for at the time, they finally managed to put us on a direct flight out of Miami for the next day.
3. Now here is where I thank American Airlines for being total f*ckups, and admit to benefiting from their mistake. Hubs and I got to enjoy another day and a half in the glorious sunshine that is Miami with the parents and little k instead of subjecting ourselves to yet another slightly delayed, connecting flight with a 5 hour layover and no in flight entertainment, so thank you AA!
4. That extra day and a half was spent eating some more delicious Cuban food, having an amazing five hour long chat with little k over champagne (she had sweetly gotten for me in Paris for my b.day last year, its had since traveled to London, and then Miami, and only now just got drunk... 4 months before my next bday!) and blueberry muffins, and some last minute shooting down at the gun range... yep just before our flight... me- "won't they swab our hands for gun residue? this doesn't seem like a good idea...", hubs- "stop being such a goody-goody and let's go shoot some zombies!"
5. I wont bore you with details of the week back in London... as most of it has been spent sleeping loads due to jet lag and my instinctive nature of wanting to hibernate when it's cold out... so instead the highlights... I finally got my black, thick, plastic, square, and oh so hipster-ish glasses Ive been yearning for (xmas gift from hubs!)... umm I quit my day job, literally, and am now an unemployed free spirit again where the world is my oyster and it's never felt so good, started my training for the Berlin half marathon in April and am hurting, yet loving every minute of it, and got to meet up with an old friend from NYC before she headed back over the pond... freshly engaged to a Brit of course... now we really need to make some shirts!!!
Ok, so now that the rant session is over, my holiday below in instagram form... more in depth posts and pictures in the foreseeable future but don't hold your breath ;)
1. high above the clouds 2. nutcracker date night 3. gift wrapping fun 4. palm trees in south beach
5. the ocean 6. highschool chums 7. Santa's little bakers 8. nap under the xmas tree 9. please deliver me to the north pole 10. candy cane fun 11. xmas eve dinner 12. xmas day ice skating dates 13. little k's 22nd bday!!! 14. first time shooting a gun 15. beach strolls 16. flan with cousins 17. dinner with a soon to be mommy!!! 18. cutest and only nephew 19. happy new years!!! 20. sunset at the beach 21. champagne and blueberry muffins with little k
Awesome- Flying home for three lovely weeks to be with my family and catch up with old friends... and by home I mean Miami so I get family time and a mini vacation in one, go on be jealous! The baking, brown paper, twine, and glass jar obsession that possessed me this xmas... can't say Ive had enough and this may just turn into my signature thing ya know? All the cute little dates hubs and I eagerly planned... the nutcracker, beach strolls, dining and wining, ice skating, salsa dancing, and oh yes, gun shooting... Getting to see some of my favorite highschool friends and seeing how much we've all changed, and yet not really at the same time... Soaking up some much needed vitamin d's as often as possible... congrats hubs, you are no longer vampire white and have been upgraded to humanly peachy!!! Bonding time in general with all the people I love and miss dearly since moving... my parents, little k, Caramel and Jamba... Trying to carry my little nephew and realizing he's not so little anymore... or light for that matter, but that huge grin still makes my heart skip a beat!!! The food and the cocktails my goodness!!! Miami knows how to do both and very well indeed... probably the reason I am now struggling with my running but well worth it! Meeting up with my old college roomie and seeing her pregnant belly just before she was due... and then it finally clicked that she was indeed very much pregnant and on her way to being a mommy!!! Another lovely niece for me to spoil rotten... Teaching hubs to dance salsa and realizing that if we stopped being procrastinators, he could probably be speaking Spanish fluently and dancing salsa like a native by next year... the boy is a natural!
Awkward- Arriving at the airport, still drunk from the previous night's work party, and getting severely questioned at the airport about our exact plans in Miami while being paranoid they could probably smell the alcohol on my breath... The feeling of complete delirium and exhaustion after traveling for nearly 24 hours straight... it hurt to be awake and it was nearly impossible to fall asleep... When our first attempt at a new cookie recipe resulted in a bubbling mess in the oven that later cooled into a really disgusting form of cookie candy... Trying to come up with a dinner menu for the family when you have a father who is extremely picky and a newly turned vegetarian sister... Getting really giggly nervous when touching the gun at first, and comparing it to the first time you saw any nudity as a kid... and getting laughed at by hubs and friends for this analysis... Shooting a gun for the first couple of times... and realizing I was closing my eyes as I pulled the trigger, not the smartest thing to do I know... Feeling so at home yet so out of place back in Miami... the city has changed quite a lot! Not being able to drink on a night out when I was being driver and having to remind myself of this... I definitely love public transport for this very reason!!! Coming back and immediately giving my two weeks notice at work... while they had been happy with my performance and wanted to offer me a more managerial/buying position... thanks but no thanks...
***Today I am thankful for all this excitement and energy I feel towards this year... it's going to be my year!!!***